Friday, September 13, 2013

Run for your lives

I ran as fast as I could. I had to, I had no choice. Any moment now, I thought. I was waiting for an idea, a spark, anything. I was desperate to find a way out of this. About fifteen minutes and a few short cuts later, I had escaped. But not for long, I knew. I stopped under an old banyan tree and decided to take some rest. I was woken up by the sound of something creeping its way towards me. I started running again. A farmer spotted me running and asked me what the matter was. "Ruuuuunnnnnn", I screamed. Before I realized, he picked up his 2 year old son and started running alongside me. Twenty minutes later, I was running with about fifty people or so. Every time I had a lead on them, I rested and waited for them to catch up. This went on for an hour until we passed by a sage's ashram. He asked us to stop. Almost all of us screamed "Ruuuuunnnnnn" in unison. He asked us to calm down and asked us who we were running from. All those puzzled faces looked at each other until one of the villagers finally pointed in my direction. "What are you running from child? Who are you trying to evade?", the sage asked me. "I am running away from reality", I replied. "Ruuuuunnnnnn" screamed the wise sage and all of us ran as fast as our legs could carry us.  

No comments: