Tuesday, September 17, 2013

A memory

I saw her for the first time in the park. So many years have passed but I still remember every single minute of that unforgettable morning. I was sitting on the grass beside the bench after my usual walk. She settled herself down about 10 ft away beside the other bench. I couldn't take my eyes off her. She suddenly looked up and our eyes met. I looked away almost immediately. A couple of seconds later I slowly glanced in her direction. She was still looking at me. I turned my gaze away again. I looked at her again and she was still looking at me but I could sense that she was not angry. I smiled weakly at her. She smiled back. I started playing conversations in my head. I obviously didn't want to sound stupid. After gathering enough courage, I decided to go up to her and say something. I did not know why, but I couldn't move. I felt I was being dragged back. I turned around, only to find my master tugging at my leash. It was time to leave. I barked in sadness, but to no avail. He marched out of the park and I was dragged out without a choice. I turned around and saw her staring at my helplessness. I could tell, that she understood. Our eyes met, for the last time.  

No comments: