Sunday, November 9, 2014

Strain

"Get out of my sight you creep!!!", she screamed. Here I was, sitting in the railway station waiting room while she screamt (Wait. Is it screamed?) Yeah so she was screaming at what looked like some dude who asked her out or something. She picked up her black bag and came and sat opposite me. My hand automatically went to my bag and I put my arm into the strap. (Read http://bratbigb.blogspot.in/2014/04/love-is-blind.html for reasons)
"What?", she barked. Only then did I realise that she was staring at me staring at her. "No no sorry, I just remembered an incident", I told her. "Does it look like I care?", she asked. I was shocked at how rude she was, but I could understand her situation. "Sorry", I said, and went back to my Rubik's cube. "Is that a Rubik's cube?", she spoke up after two minutes. I silently nodded without looking up. "I'm sorry about that. I shouldn't have snapped at you.", she said. "It's okay. Lots of weirdos around", I told her. She smiled awkwardly. "Wow! Did you just solve it?", she asked. "Yup. It's easy.", I bragged. "Can you please teach me? I am Gita by the way", she introduced herself. I was reminded of my last encounter with a pretty girl and I chuckled. "Is there a problem?, she asked visibly irritated. I said "I am very sorry. I was reminded of this incident." "Tell me about it. Now I am curious.", she said.
So I told her the entire story. She laughed so loud, a couple of people turned to look at us. I was starting to like her. "Stop it you idiot", I told myself. "Stop what?", she asked. Only then I realized that I had spoken out loud. "I have this tendency to do stupid things", I said. "Stupid things like what?", she asked. "Let us not go there", I said. "Turn that face once clockwise", I said, trying to change the topic back to the Rubik's cube. Ten minutes later we had solved it and there was so much satisfaction on her face. I could see it.
"You don't have to clutch your bag so tight, you know?" she playfully asked. I sheepishly put it down and smiled. I was about to let her know how I felt about her when she stood up and said "Thank you for the cubing lesson. I am off." Never did I feel more constipated in the sense that so much had to come out but nothing did. She walked out and walked away. I missed her already. I took a sudden decision to chase her and get her phone number at least. I ran outside the waiting room and I could see her far away. I suddenly realized that my train was about to leave. I heard the engine horn. It was telling me to make a choice. I decided to run in the direction that would define me for the rest of my life. I started running. I picked up speed. I was running unbelievably fast like never before. I almost caught up and for the last 20 years, this is where I wake up.
So I have been having this dream for so many years now. It has something to do with a train. There are so many versions of it. Today it was the girl. One time I had gone to buy idli and my train started. But I always end at this point where I have to choose between the train and something else. I wake up from the dream just when I start running.
---The (abrupt) end---

Sorry if you had too many hopes from the story. I have hopes too. Hopes of finding out what I am chasing in life.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Brat!!!!! Super story! Never knew you had a blog! Stalking you henceforth. Lol! ����

Unknown said...

Lol.. I was thinking abt the bag...

Anonymous said...

Good one da! :D